A Modern Approach
Accounting and Tax is there anything more boring? Debits and credits and filling out forms? Yeah we get it, we think so too. Business has become way to serious, that’s why we created Watson & Watt. We want to have fun, and to talk shop with switched on operators. We want to help people succeed, not fill out forms. That’s why we’re shaking things up, and creating a consultancy for the modern era.
We’ve leveraged technology and cloud based software, to minimise the menial tasks for both you and us so we can get on and have some fun, talk about you, your business and what you want from life.
It’s simple stuff really, but understanding what you’re aiming for is the only way we can truly help you succeed.
What We Do?
We listen when you talk. We understand your goals, your dreams, and your aspirations and we help you create, and implement a plan to achieve them. This might include helping you to grow your business, or helping educate your kids (or significant other) on good money habits, or it might mean dealing with the stress of the regulatory bodies so you don’t have too.
We specialise in helping SMEs and their owners, build better lives for themselves and their families. We’ve been honing our skills in some of the best businesses in town such as Crowe Horwath and Snelleman Tom.
We want to work with good people, and good businesses that want to build reliable, trustworthy connections. We’ve identified our list of values that underpin who we are as individuals and what we stand for as a business.
- Authenticity: To be authentic, genuine, real and true in all personal or professional engagements.
- Curiosity: To be curious, open-minded and interested, to explore, discover, and learn.
- Freedom: To live freely and to choose how I live and behave, and help others do likewise.
- Independence: To be resourceful, open to ideas, and self-sufficient to foster growth and fulfilment in ourselves and those we engage with.
- Responsibility: To accept responsibility for actions and decisions of our making and being accountable for the outcomes.
- Safety: To secure and protect the things of importance to us and the things of importance to those around us.
Meet Our Team
Nathan Watt - Managing Director
Having spent my late teens and early 20’s as a pastry chef, I developed a fascination for financial markets and the fiscal freedom and independence they could provide. The path I was on was not going to provide the life I wanted so I hung up my apron and moved back home (thanks Mum) to study accounting and banking finance at QUT. I completed my qualifications to become a Chartered Accountant in 2009, and went on to complete my MBA from the University of Queensland in 2012 and was made a partner at Snelleman Tom in July 2014. As an advocate for men’s health, I am passionate about personal development and continual improvement and strongly believe in backing your abilities, and taking risks to build the life you dream of.
- Bachelor of Business, majoring in accountancy and banking finance
- Chartered Accounted (CA)
- Certified Xero Adviser
- Master of Business Administration (MBA)
- Registered Tax Agent
- Certificate of Public Practice with Institute of Chartered Accountants (ICAANZ)