With lockdowns now in full swing (again) in QLD & NSW, & VIC getting another 3 day snapper. You might be wondering what support there is coming from the various levels of government. So here’s a quick snapshot as it stands today (6 Aug 2021).
$5,000 - COVID-19 Business Support Grant
This token, one off grant from the state government is to provide “cash flow support” for effected business. Details are still being worked out (and you can’t even apply yet), but here’s the basic eligibility criteria;
- Turnover greater than $75,000 per year
- Payroll less than $10,000,000 per year
- 30% decline in turnover
Get more details here when they’re released.
Assistance Negotiating Rent Relief
This is for both landlords and tenants of commercial premises. To help them come to an agreement about rent relief due to the latest lockdowns. It’s the same stuff as the lockdowns in 2020 and is still in force. Check it out here;
New South Wales
2021 COVID-19 Business Support Grant
This is the grant the QLD one is modelled on, except NSW is bit more generous. The grant ranges from $7,500 to $15,000 depending on how much your revenue has declined.
To be eligible for the grant, you must:
- have an active Australian Business Number (ABN)
- demonstrate your business was operating in NSW on 1 June 2021
- wages of less than $10,000,000
- turnover between $75,000 and $50,000,000 for the 2020FY
- have business costs there is no other government support for
- have 30% or more decline in turnover
Get more of the fine print and where to apply here.
Kind of like JobKeeper, but different requirements and pay out – plus its from the state government not the Feds. This one is an ongoing thing where the support grant is just a one off.
This one will pay 40% of your weekly payroll from a minimum of $1,500 per week to $100,000 per week.
To be eligible for JobSaver your business or not-for-profit organisation should:
- have an active ABN
- been operating in NSW on 1 June 2021
- turnover between $75,000 and $250,000,000
- have a 30% or more decline in turnover
- maintain your headcount from 13 July 2021 while you receive JobSaver
More details and where to apply here.
For employees who have lost income and run out of leave to take, there’s support from the Federal Government.
The amount and duration of this one depends on where you are in QLD, NSW or VIC and how many hours you have lost.
Your best bet is to get in quick because some of the past dates have already closed. So click this and follow your nose to the right section for you.