Are you sick of your lazy accountant letting you down? Or wasting countless hours crunching the numbers yourself – and still feel as though you’re not making progress and paying too much tax? If you are, then you’ve come to the right place.
My name is Nathan Watt and my company Watson & Watt helps business owners like you regain control of their finances. We’re much more than just another accounting firm. You can think of us as your growth partner – here to minimise your costs, maximise profit and reduce the odds of a visit from the taxman.
Forensic Accounting Firms In Sydney
If, for whatever reason, you have found yourself in need of a forensic accountant, then you should be aware of how crucial it is that you work with a company that is trustworthy and professional. You need a company that is prepared to put your needs first in this potentially tense time.
Searching For The Top Forensic Accounting Firms in Sydney?
Here at Watson & Watt, we understand the importance of working with someone you trust when it comes to a forensic accountant. We have established ourselves as one of the top forensic accounting firms in Sydney, having worked with thousands of customers who have recommended our services to those who find themselves in a similar position.
What Is A Forensic Accountant?
Due to forensic accountants only being called upon in specific circumstances, you may not be familiar with exactly what it is a forensic accountant does. To put it simple, they assist in any legal investigation that involves a financial element, using their skills to uncover discrepancies or validate claims made by the clients of the companies they work with.
More often than not, forensic accountants will work alongside attorneys and insurance companies, even testifying in court and acting as an expert witness in a case.
When Do You Need To Find Forensic Accounting Firms In Sydney?
There can be a variety of scenarios that would involve a forensic accountant being called upon, as their field is not limited to specific situations. That said; if you find yourself dealing with any of the following, you need the services of a professional forensic accountant:
- Commercial Damages. Just like it describes, this scenario involves any damages that may have been incurred to a company from a commercial standpoint. Common examples include a breach of contract, whether that be on the side of the company or an employee/client, and intellectual property infringement.
- Disputes between Shareholders and Partnerships. The role of the accountant in this instance would be to trace and conclusively identify any compensation, distributions, or benefits received or incurred by a particular stakeholder of partner of a company.
- Fraud investigation. Often focussing on fraud in the context of an employee versus a business, these investigations usually involve tracing funds, interviewing suspects, and gathering forensic intelligence, amongst other things.
- Personal injury claims. This is probably one of the most well-known instances of a forensic accountant being needed. In this case they would be responsible for investigating the financial damages associated with a claim.
- Disputes between divorcing parties. In a similar manner to the investigation of the disputes between shareholders, a forensic accountant would be responsible for assigning a value to assets in order to ensure an equal share of property between the two parties involved in the divorce. They may also be responsible for determining the income value for child support payments.
Despite the extensive list above, there are still a number of responsibilities that could be held by a forensic accountant that have not been covered here. If you are confused about whether you could benefit from forensic accounting firms in Sydney, why not give us a call today on 07 3067 3017 and discuss your needs with us?
A member of our team will be able to offer their expert advice and point you in the right direction.
If you’d like to learn more about how we can help your business to grow and thrive, get in touch with us by calling 07 3067 3017. We provide our services to all our clients in Queensland including Brisbane & Gold Coast.